IVF Cycle #3: FET Acupressure

Since this is my first frozen embryo transfer, I didn't know how this cycle would affect me. Since the start of this FET cycle, I started taking the prenatals that my RE has prescribed vs. the one my primary physician had prescribed me (two years back). Taking the new prenatals and baby aspirin caused me to feel nauseated, heart burn, and hungry in the middle of the night (Strange, I know). But I feel super hungry, it actually wakes me up and I'll check what time it is, it'll only be 3am or 4am. Wondering if anyone feels the same while on their FET. My family knows I have been going through several IVF cycles.

So, my mom took me to this holistic health therapist (acupressure) on Tuesday, August 6th. When I talked to him, this is what he told me:

  • Absolutely no cold drinks
  • No coffee or tea (no caffeine)
  • Eat more ginger - it warms up the body
  • Eat more Ginseng
  • Exercise or at least walk for 40 minutes everyday. Luckily, I've been doing Yoga and recently got my certification in teaching yoga. (But I digress.)
Has anyone had any experiences with Acupressure and IVF? Does it help? My mom knows this holistic therapist, he said that I should do these things because I have a cold womb and it wouldn't carry a baby. Doing those things would help warm it up. This sucks, my DH can attest to this, I looove cold drinks (especially pearl teas of all kinds) and ice cream!

So, after trying the acupressure for a few days. I took the liberty of researching acupressure/acupuncture and the meridian lines. It appears that pain along the meridian lines will tell the acupuncturist which part of your organs are either inflamed or weak. I had pain along my back running the bladder meridian all the way to the sacrum and tailbone area. The last few days/sessions has been a pain in the behind! Quite literally. The acupuncturist said my kidneys are also weak.

Other things I have found for yang deficiency from an online source:
  • Eat more warming and wholesome food like stews, roasts and hearty soups
  • Eat cooked/steamed vegetables 
  • Avoid cold food like raw vegetables and salads
  • Add ginger, garlic, and ginseng to the diet
  • Other foods to eat are: Shrimp, mussels, walnuts, lamb, onions, radish, turnips, cinamon, peppermint, and royal jelly

¡Share it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

 

Profile

I've been married for the last 2 years. My journey with endometriosis has been trying and a learning experience overall. Since then, my DH and I have decided to start a family with the help of IVF. This is our journey with the IVF cycles...

Followers

Our IVF Blog 2013 Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger