IVF Cycle #3: FET Cycle Day 18 Ultrasound

We are in the middle of the IVF Cycle #3. We went to the RE's office for a Day 13 ultrasound on August 1st. During the office visit, we asked our RE to advise on how many embryos to transfer. Since we have 2 failed IVF cycles, he isn't oppose to transferring 2 embryos. As usual, the RE reminded us of course it depends on the couple's concerns.


Personally, for us, we have started paying for IVF cycle #3 out of pocket. Our main concern is to get pregnant. As a result, we are planning to transfer two embryos. DH and I have talked about it, we are not oppose to having twins. We also have 7 embryos frozen, 3 are of excellent quality and the rest are at a very good quality. The RE explained that transferring 2 at a time does not mean it gives us a better chance of getting pregnant than transferring 1 at a time. The more he talked about it, my tears started rolling. I was disappointed the day/week when we found out our cycle 2 failed, but it was even unexpected for me to cry in my RE's office.

I knew the infertility road was hard, people have warned me. But we were caught up and so excited to start a family through IVF. But, I wasn't prepared for these two failed attempts and what it does to you emotionally. I find myself wondering if and when we should find another option. DH has been super great and supportive and doesn't want us to give up just yet. He is determine to exhaust every avenue first.

Today, we went to our RE's office for Day 18 ultrasound. The lining: 5.7. R side: 6mm. L side: 5mm, 8.5 medial. (Is 8.5 medial good or bad? I should have asked the RE while I had a chance. Yikes!) My RE told us that my follicles aren't growing at a speed they were expecting. But that is not abnormal. For some, after a fresh cycle, follicles lag. My RE's experience is for some women it could lag about a week to 3 weeks. His analogy is the follicles are waiting for food (stimulation). Base on the last two months, I had gone through the stimulation. My body is still waiting it. There were a couple of small ones. But once my body realizes the stimulation isn't coming. One of those follicles will develop to 17-18mm, at which point, that's when my RE will schedule me for the transfer. (Hey, I didn't say it was a good analogy ;P). 

¡Share it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

 

Profile

I've been married for the last 2 years. My journey with endometriosis has been trying and a learning experience overall. Since then, my DH and I have decided to start a family with the help of IVF. This is our journey with the IVF cycles...

Followers

Our IVF Blog 2013 Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger