IVF Cycle #3: Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)

IVF Cycle #3 - Frozen Embryo Transfer started on July 18th when I found out our IVF Cycle #2 resulted in a BFN. Since that day, I've scheduled a Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET). I found out that we (DH and I) will be paying for this out of pocket. It sucks that it'll cost more than we have expected.

Luckily, the frozen embryo transfer cycle only require one specialty medicine (HCG/Navarel). It is based on my natural cycle. We have been hoping to start a family this year. I hope the third time is the charm. I've always wanted to transfer more than one embryo since cycle #1, but our Dr have advised against that. This time, I'm hoping to state my case and hope my reproductive endocrinologist (RE) agrees. :) My RE seems to be on the conservative side. I think it's because of my age and because I have only gone through 2 cycles.
  • July 23rd, Frozen cycle baseline ultrasound. Everything looks good, no cysts.
  • August 1st - Second ultrasound (day 13). My RE was on holiday for my first baseline ultrasound. So, another RE asked me to start my ovulation testing on Aug 1st. When I went into the office, my RE has asked me to stop the ovulation testing because the follicle is only at 6.5mm. 
  • My RE scheduled me in for another ultrasound for today, August 6th (day 18) of my cycle. The lining is 5.7. R side: 6mm. L side: 5mm, 8.5 medial. He wants to keep monitoring me for the time I'm going to ovulate. He mentioned that in frozen cycle transfers, it is crucial to time it just right. My scheduled frozen cycle transfer will be scheduled exactly 5 days after ovulation.
Since we have already failed twice. I asked him for advice (and maybe subconsciously reassurance) on how many embryos to transfer to make this a successful try. He mentioned he would transfer no more than two. I don't think I want him to transfer more than that. But since this is so early in the process, he wants me and DH to think about it. No need to commit on how many right now.

Whew, another appointment down, and looks like a few more to go! More updates to come on another post. Stay tuned...

¡Share it!

1 comments:

GaudiumIVF

Hope this time it works ,Posting it is extremely required in light of the fact that each individual today need this positive attitude. Keep it up. Good fortunes and much obliged your life, If you are searching for the best unnaturally conceived child then here is Best IVF Centre in Delhi focus that is enjoyed giving best IVF treatment.

Post a Comment

Search

 

Profile

I've been married for the last 2 years. My journey with endometriosis has been trying and a learning experience overall. Since then, my DH and I have decided to start a family with the help of IVF. This is our journey with the IVF cycles...

Followers

Our IVF Blog 2013 Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger